Coordinates the procurement flow of materials, parts, and assemblies toward meeting materials requirements and production schedules by directing suppliers and shipping companies to ensure that materials arrive on delivery dates.
1. Replenishes material, establishes delivery dates, and helps expedite materials to meet production schedules.
2. Works to meet customer requirements; 100% on time delivery.
3. Acts as primary contact with direct materials suppliers.
4. Monitors supplier performance, pricing, and their CI efforts toward increased efficiencies and cost reduction in accordance with our customer performance demands.
5. Evaluates and actively follows commodity pricing and the effect on material pricing.
6. Analyzes need for new suppliers, evaluates suppliers, and develops suppliers.
7. Solicits and evaluates supplier quotes and negotiates the lowest possible cost balanced with optimal quality and service levels.
8. Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
9. Establishes monthly communication with suppliers to review report cards and also a semi-annual meeting at AFSI for a detailed performance review.
10. Partners with Product Design Engineers in the development of new filter designs by selecting suppliers and quoting parts and tooling.
11. Works in a safe manner, following all safety policies and procedures while keeping in mind other’s safety as well.
12. Reports any accidents and potentially unsafe conditions or unsafe acts immediately to appropriate supervisor.
13. Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent in Purchasing, Engineering or Business related field; or five to ten years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills:Is able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills:Is able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Internet software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet, Word Processing software, and experience with ERP systems.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Is able to handle multiple assignments at once and communicate effectively within all levels of the organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
How to Apply
- Download and Fill out our Job Application
- Submit your application online to send us your filled application, resume, references and other details.
- E-mail completed application, resume, and references
- Mail to:
Advanced Filtration Systems Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3206 Farber Dr
Champaign, IL 61822