Human Resources Assistant
~~Responsible for providing a variety of human resources adminstrative duties including data entry, staffing and/or benefit liaison functions. Coordinates employee services, employee relations and health promotion activities. Ensures compliance with legal and company guidelines
• Provides clerical duties and support to other Human Resource staff
• Assists in the recruiting process
• Organizes and prepares for new hire orientation.
• Maintains employee personnel files in line with company policies and government regulations. Retains records in line with company record retention requirements
• Assist with the day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
• Tracks HR metrics and performs monthly reporting
• Handles incoming calls and other communications
• Organizes travel by booking accommodations and reservations needs as required
• Receives, sorts, and forwards mail, handles shipping, and maintains and routes publications.
• Edits and publish the company newsletter.
• Assist with employee engagement programs
• Assist with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
• Maintains high standards of confidentially for all employees records and information
• Works in a safe manner, following all safety policies and procedures while keeping in mind other’s safety as well.
• Reports any accidents and potentially unsafe conditions or unsafe acts immediately to appropriate supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Education and/or Experience:~~Associate's degree in a HR related field or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Is able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Reasoning Ability: Is able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer operation. Will learn manufacturing software on the job.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Other Skills and Abilities: Must be able to work an 8 hour shift and possible weekends.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
How to Apply
- Download and Fill out our Job Application
- Submit your application online to send us your filled application, resume, references and other details.
- E-mail completed application, resume, and references
- Mail to:
Advanced Filtration Systems Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3206 Farber Dr
Champaign, IL 61822