- : Responsible for working with IT team members on a variety of technology projects. Will learn AFSI used programming languages to develop and/or implement custom and off-the-shelf tools per project requirements. Will participate in documenting, training, and roll-out of all projects.
- Works closely with IT team, Business Processes Manager, and other team members on solution development.
- Perform data gathering, implementation, or other tasks related to ongoing technology work and projects.
- Install, maintain, and configure systems and devices related to assigned projects.
- Coordinates with AFSI Europe team for global implementations where appropriate.
- Develop back-end interactions with databases, file systems, network protocols, other systems using a language such as CFML, PHP, ASP.NET, Ruby, and other.
- Expand, configure, and interact with relational databases in a common RDMS platform including MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or others.
- Interact with a common development lifecycle paradigm using version control systems.
Explore Agile project management methodology to organize efforts.
Provide thorough documentation and practice good code commenting practices.
Provide hands-on end-user training for new interface design.
Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree in Information Technology/Networking or equivalent; or one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Is able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.Clear communication about status of projects along with end-user training and follow-up is key to achieving a strong focus on customer service and is crucial to success.
Is able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Is able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Excellent computer skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
Working knowledge of at least 1 back-end development language including PHP, ASP.NET, CFML, Ruby, or others.
Working knowledge of at least relational database configuration and management in a common RDMS platform including MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS Access, or others.
Familiarity with a version control system such as Git or Suberversion.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Working knowledge of IT security fundamentals is expected.
Experience configuring Windows servers a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
How to Apply
- Download and Fill out our Job Application
- Submit your application online to send us your filled application, resume, references and other details.
- E-mail completed application, resume, and references
- Mail to:
Advanced Filtration Systems Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3206 Farber Dr
Champaign, IL 61822