Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant by recommending engineering and manufacturing changes in a cost-effective manner.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing processes with an emphasis on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Consults with vendors to determine production equipment specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates equipment and processes according to customer specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production cycle times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Understands manufacturers’ service manual recommendations, own usage schedules, and records of maintenance problems and provides data to determine optimum frequency of preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Understands production and operation schedules and confers with other staff and manager to determine optimal frequency to perform planned, preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Analyzes all types of data and provides reports and recommendations to others for continuous improvement.
- Must make the necessary arrangements to be accessible by phone and email on a reasonable, as-needed basis outside of set work hours to support the needs of production or maintenance.
- Develops documentation including, but not limited to, start up and shut down procedures, work instructions, setup check lists, setup parameter sheets, etc. for the purpose of ensuring that we have consistent production control.
- Updates and maintains computer downloads, for their given areas of responsibility, to ensure consistent process control.
- Works in a safe manner, following all safety policies and procedures while keeping in mind other’s safety as well.
- Reports any accidents and potentially unsafe conditions or unsafe acts immediately to appropriate supervisor.
- Responds quickly to safety and quality concerns by developing and implementing countermeasures.
- Assists Czech Facility with training, capital projects, and processing knowledge. This includes conference calls, e-mails, and travel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering and 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of AutoCAD and SolidWorks Design software and Microsoft Office suites.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Electrical Safety Certification required.
Powered Industrial Equipment License.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of basic machine design and function as well as industrial electrical systems and ability to read blueprints/schematics. Knowledge of tolerances and fits, English/metric conversions, hydraulics and pneumatics, general knowledge of OSHA requirements and industrial safety.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.,
How to Apply
- Download and Fill out our Job Application
- Submit your application online to send us your filled application, resume, references and other details.
- E-mail completed application, resume, and references
- Mail to:
Advanced Filtration Systems Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3206 Farber Dr
Champaign, IL 61822