Directs the production team to achieve company objectives in regards to safety, quality, productivity, and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Production shift supervisors, line leads, and production technicians.
- Coordinates plant activities through planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished.
- Develops and controls Labor Plans, Budgets, and Safety.
- Monitors overall plant performance for production.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish the company’s goals and objectives.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provides direction, development, and leadership to the Production Zone Teams.
- Participates in attaining Lean Manufacturing objectives and assumes Zone Manager role.
- Reports on key metrics to determine target performance levels and drives performance to achieve those levels.
- Works in a safe manner, following all safety policies and procedures while keeping in mind other’s safety as well.
- Reports any accidents and potentially unsafe conditions or unsafe acts immediately to appropriate supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent in Engineering or Business related field; or five to ten years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA a plus. Five to ten years’ Production Management experience including two to five years hands on Lean implementation strongly recommended.
- Language Skills: Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of employees; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook Internet software; Fourth Shift Manufacturing software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Powered Industrial Equipment license may be required. Illinois Driver’s License required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Is able to interact well within all levels of the organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
- Download and Fill out our Job Application
- Submit your application online to send us your filled application, resume, references and other details.
- E-mail completed application, resume, and references
- Mail to:
Advanced Filtration Systems Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3206 Farber Dr
Champaign, IL 61822