Tends to one or more machines or processes that are part of the manufacturing process.
- Manually handles materials or uses area-specific equipment to supply product to machines for operation.
- Starts and stops machine, engages feed, and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
- Makes minor adjustments or repairs such as opening and/or turning valves, setting guides, clearing away damaged product, and changing parts.
- Inspects and measures filters or filter elements to verify conformance to specifications.
- Manages work in progress inventories.
- Replenishes raw and consumable materials such as boxes, pallets, cartons, glue, lubricants, ink or labels.
- Tracks and monitors production and quality by recording information manually and/or on a computer.
- Monitors product and process for non-conforming product and communicates inadequacies to appropriate personnel.
- Escalates equipment, productivity, and quality issues as required.
- Ensures Six S (Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, Safety) and general housekeeping practices.
- Maintains flexibility in work assignments and assists others as appropriate.
- Regular punctuality, attendance for scheduled shifts.
- Ensures Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM) work orders are completed on time.
- Follows documented procedures and work instructions as well as instructions from Line Leads and Shift Supervisors.
- Works in a safe manner, following all safety policies and procedures while keeping in mind other’s safety as well.
- Reports any accidents and potentially unsafe conditions or unsafe acts immediately to appropriate supervisor.
- Completes daily record keeping/log book entries.
- Be available for overtime as needed – possible weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee may be required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may be required to stand for prolonged amounts of time; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Eighteen months’ related experience preferred.
Language Skills: Is able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Reasoning Ability: Is able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer operation. Will learn manufacturing software on the job.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must be able to work minimum 8 hour shift and possible overtime.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
How to Apply
- Download and Fill out our Job Application
- Submit your application online to send us your filled application, resume, references and other details.
- E-mail completed application, resume, and references
- Mail to:
Advanced Filtration Systems Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3206 Farber Dr
Champaign, IL 61822