Administrative management of all product development products and all activity related to product cost reductions.
Administrative management of all product development projects.
- Manages projects by developing plans, incorporating timelines, leading teams, and meeting budget considerations.
- This would entail the interface required between the customers and AFSI.
- Management of all timelines pertaining to such product development projects.
- Conducting gate reviews. Both development of and presentation of the material required to pass the gates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Administrative management of all activity related to product cost reductions.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends cost improvement ideas through product, vendor, and design changes.
- Interfaces with customer to drive cost reduction through design changes.
- Works with Supply Chain and suppliers to validate materials for cost reduction. Could include design changes, re-cavitation or relocation of tooling.
- Assists in achieving both internal and external cost reduction targets as it pertains to product changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Mechanical, Industrial, or General Engineering, or similar field; or 3-7 years manufacturing/design experience as an Engineer; or the combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in PTC Creo Parametric software or equivalent and Microsoft Suite. PTC Creo Parametric 3D CAD modeling experience preferred.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to interact well within all levels of the organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
- Download and Fill out our Job Application
- Submit your application online to send us your filled application, resume, references and other details.
- E-mail completed application, resume, and references
- Mail to:
Advanced Filtration Systems Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3206 Farber Dr
Champaign, IL 61822