Responsible for utilizing the principles of performance evaluation and prediction to improve product/systems safety, reliability, and maintainability.
1. Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, tests, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
2. Conducts activities that support the release of product for shipment and continuous production.
3. Performs quality-engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
4. Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
5. Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
6. Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
7. Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
8. Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
9. Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
10. Conduct Measurement System Analysis on all test methods during APQP and PPAP.
11. Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
12. Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
13. Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
14. Analyze company data for the purpose of tending, benchmarking, and continuous improvement.
15. Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and international standards.
16. Cross trained into quality department functions and activities.
17. Will act as an extended member of a multi-project team responsible for product validation activities, at times perform product reliability testing, and review test requirements and results with project team members and customers.
18. Works with product engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified product and components.
19. Develops and completes acceptance tests and inspection criteria to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/security systems.
20. Provides input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could impact finished goods and components.
21. Works in a safe manner, following all safety policies and procedures while keeping in mind other’s safety as well.
22. Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering; or five to ten years’ related industrial experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Other training experience should include safety and Quality Systems Awareness.
• Language Skills: Is able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Mathematical Skills: is able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning Ability: is able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Computer Skills: to perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook Internet software; Fourth Shift Manufacturing software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet; and Microsoft Word Processing software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
How to Apply
- Download and Fill out our Job Application
- Submit your application online to send us your filled application, resume, references and other details.
- E-mail completed application, resume, and references
- Mail to:
Advanced Filtration Systems Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3206 Farber Dr
Champaign, IL 61822